CHINA VISA APPLICATION FORM
Please read this instruction very carefully before filling out the form. If you do not follow this instruction, your visa application will be rejected by the Chinese Consulate New York. Pilgrim Tours is not responsible for refusal of your visa by the Chinese Consulate New York. Pilgrim Tours only accepts tourist visa application for customers who booked our tours.
The following three documents and a visa fee are required to apply for a visa.
1. PASSPORT: Your passport must be valid for 6 months from your return date of the tour, and must have two blank pages for a visa. A visa will be issued on a page which says Visas in your passport. A visa will NOT be issued on any blank pages which DO NOT say Visas. If your passport will expire less than 6 months from your return date or there is no blank pages for a visa, you must get a new passport. If you send us a passport which does not match the requirements, we will return your passport by 3-day air FedEx (A signature is required.). You will be charged $30 (For US domestic) per package.
2. VISA APPLICATION FORM: Please fill out the form (One per person) completely in black or blue ballpoint pen. You must use the same pen to fill out and sign the whole application. DO NOT use markers, gel or Pilot pens as well as pencils or pens of colors other than black or blue. DO NOT use a damaged or a faxed form. These forms will cause the refusal of your visa. If you need an extra form, please log on to Chinese Consulate New York website at www.nyconsulate.prchina.org/eng and download the form. Pilgrim Tours works with the Chinese Consulate New York only. We only accept the visa application form issued by the Chinese Consulate New York.
3. PASSPORT PHOTO: You must attach (Use stapler, plastic tape or glue. DO NOT use paper clip.) ONE passport photo on the form. DO NOT send us any additional photos. The photo must be a 2 x 2, full faced, white background photo that can be taken at your local camera store. Please do not attach a computerized paper photo, a cut out, or a damaged photo. Any photos which do not match the requirements will cause the refusal of your visa.
Effective immediately, the following documents are also required to apply for a visa.
1. Passport which must be valid for 6 months from your return date of the tour, and must have two blank pages for a visa. A visa will be issued on a page which says Visas in your passport.
2. A completed visa application from (Can be obtained at www.nyconsulate.prchina.org.)
3. One passport photo (Must be attached on your completed visa application form.)
4. Certificate of financial guarantee (a latest banking certificate, a statement or a letter from your bank)
5. A proof of vacation by employer if you are currently working including those who are self employed. (A letter from your employer. Not required if you are retired.)
6. A proof of vacation by school if you are student. (A letter from your school.)
7. A record of your previous visit of China if you have visited China before. (For those who check Yes on #3.5. on the visa application form. Previous China visa, a copy of air tickets or hotel reservation etc.)
8. Tour itinerary (Can be obtained by Pilgrim Tours.)
9. Hotel list (Can be obtained by Pilgrim Tours.)
10. Roundtrip air ticket (Original and copy) between the US and China. (Can be obtained by Pilgrim Tours if Pilgrim Tours arranges your tickets.)
11. A proof of your status of residency in the US for non US citizen. (Original and copy of green card or valid visas.)
After you fill out the form completely, please send it to us with your passport and a final payment together by 45 days before departure by an express mail. (FedEx, UPS, DHL or USPS Express) Do not send by regular mail.
Your passport will be returned with final tour documents by FedEx (Signature is required. One package per reservation.) to the address shown on your reservation form around two weeks before departure. Documents will be sent to your travel agent if you booked the tour through travel agent.
If you need your passport back earlier (VISA IS VALID FOR TWO MONTHS FROM DATE OF ISSUE. YOU CAN NOT APPLY FOR A VISA MORE THAN 61 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR DEPARTURE.), please notify us (or your travel agent) in advance first, then send us your passport, a completed visa application form and a visa fee by an express mail. We will return your passport only by 3-day air FedEx (A signature is required. One package per reservation.) to the address shown on your reservation form (or your travel agent) as soon as a visa is obtained. You will be charged $30 (For US domestic) per package. Please allow us at least 12 business days to process your visa after we receive the above three documents and a visa fee. Any documents which do not match the requirements will cause the delay of your visa application. Thank you.